Vedic Maths for Educator
The best teachers are those who never stop learning. If that’s you, you’ve come to the right place. We cannot overstate the importance of maths in life. Yet, the subject is the cause of great fear among students at all levels. It’s, therefore, the area where the most support is needed for both students and educators alike.
Vedic Maths for Teachers is an effective pedagogical tool to help students overcome maths anxiety and develop exceptional mental maths skills.
Why you must take this course
- To upskill yourself and give your career a solid boost
- To join a community of educators that are led by highly skilled and seasoned Vedic Maths instructors
- To discover innovative and engaging tools and techniques for teaching maths
- To build a strong mathematical foundation for your students
And most importantly, to make your students fall in love with the most “dreaded” subject
What you’ll learn
- Vedic ways of learning mathematics and the philosophy of sutras
- Presenting mathematics as a structured, but also easy and unified subject to your students
- Implementing the Vedic Maths approach effectively in class
- Making maths more fun and engaging, while building a strong foundation of mathematical principles in students
- Applying creativity to attain deeper understanding of mathematics, greater mental agility, improved memory, and increased speed
- Building excellent mathematical competence among students while eliminating maths anxiety
- Improving individual, class-wise, and institute-wise maths performance
Vedic Mathematics, a concept developed and expounded by Shankaracarya Sri Bharati Krishna Tirtha during the first half of the 20th century, is a comprehensive and coherent system offering simple, direct techniques which leverages our natural thought processes. For ages, Vedic Maths has been regarded as a brilliant approach to mathematics and there has been a growing interest in this area around the world.
Vedic Maths is based on 16 sutras and a similar number of sub-sutras that provide short and concise rules to solve mathematical problems.
Principles of Vedic Mathematics
Who’s it for?
- Vedic Maths for School Teachers is for all teachers of Grade 1 to 12
- Teachers/Educators who are looking for alternate approach to teach mathematics
- Parents who are homeschooling their child and looking for support with maths fundamentals
- Anyone who wants to study mathematics for fun
- Basic understanding of arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- An open mind and the willingness to take a fresh look at numbers, algebra, and geometry
20 Hours, 2- 3 days a week
Virtual Instructor Led Training
Course Offerings & Highlights
- Live & interactive sessions: All sessions will be hosted live, each session will be 2 hours long. The sessions will be interactive and conducted by internationally acclaimed faculty. They will also include live discussion and recaps.
- Consultation: The program includes consultation to support implementation of Vedic Maths in regular classrooms. It also offers one free consultation (one on one) with the instructors within 3 months of taking the course.
- Quizzes: Test your knowledge by taking quizzes sprinkled throughout the course.
- Workbooks: Want more practice? The bonus workbooks lets you review everything you’ve learned and solidify your learning with tons of extra practice problems.
- Certificate: Certification will be awarded after successfully completing the assessment at the end of the course.
- Recordings: Session recordings will be made available for 30 days after the course.
- Handbook: Handbook with the pdf of all PowerPoint slides used during the course.
- Student Workbook: Digital copy of Student Workbook (e-copy) provided at additional cost.
A survey will be conducted to understand the teachers’ experience of learning Vedic Maths, their perception of teaching Vedic Maths in the regular classroom, and their take-away from the program before the course begins.
Meet the Instructors
A researcher and teacher of VM for over 40 years, James has led international teacher-training programmes and public courses on the subject. He has written five books, edited six further books on VM, and has published numerous papers and articles promoting VM. He has a long experience of curriculum design for Maths in schools.
An educator and project management consultant with over 30 years of experience in the fields of civil engineering, educational publishing, e-learning, and training, Swati has extensive experience of developing VM resources and conducting Vedic Mathematics workshops and training programs for students and teachers of all grade levels internationally.
A Chartered Accountant from India, an artist, and a social entrepreneur, Gowri has been a regular contributor to various resources created and is being published by IAVM Publishing. She is also involved in teaching and presenting in various workshops on Vedic Mathematics and Ethnomathematics across Philippines, Europe, and in India.
A freelance educator, facilitator, and teacher of statistics and mathematics – including Vedic and ancient Indian mathematics, Prajakti has worked with all types of students and teachers across India. She has extensive experience in designing need-based curricula for colleges, schools, and teacher training programs. Aware of the importance of collaborative learning, she also offers career guidance and counselling.
A chartered accountant from India, Ramya holds an ACCA certification from the UK. She has over 3 years of experience in teaching Vedic Mathematics in Frankfurt, Germany and has conducted online workshops for students aged 8 to 13 across Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands. She has a great interest in creating thought-provoking questions and activities around VM topics.
Course offered by
Institute for the Advancement of Vedic Mathematics
The Institute for the Advancement of Vedic Mathematics is a global organization, registered as a Charity in the UK. It was established in early 2016 to promote, disseminate, research, and support the system of Vedic Mathematics internationally.