Prevention of Sexual Harassment (PoSH) Course for Teachers in India
Every practicing teacher in India should know about Sexual Harassment rules and policies within the context of Indian educational institutions. This course will familiarise teachers with different forms of sexual harassment and the role of Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) in dealing with matters that characterize as sexual harassment.
What will you learn?
- Understanding sexual harassment and its different forms
- Preventing sexual harassment at workplaces
- Dealing with sexual harassment in educational institutes
- Filing a sexual harassment complaint at workplace
- Process of handling sexual harassment complaints
- Gender sensitisation against sexual harassment
- Role of Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) and different redressal mechanisms
- Building and promoting a safe working environment
Who is it for?
This course is for all practicing as well as aspiring teachers, educators, trainers and tutors whose workplace can constitute schools, colleges, universities, institutes, organisations, as well as government agencies.
This course is also designed for members of ICC within an educational institute who can gain a deeper understanding about the different aspects of sexual harassments instances within an academic organisation.
Our PoSH course for teachers in India aims at clearing the ambiguity around sexual harassment at workplaces, especially in educational institutes. Most of us think of sexual harassment as an extreme act, however, even small gestures that are offensive or intimidating, or carry sexual undertones, could sometimes be an act of sexual harassment, which is why it’s important to understand the term deeply.
This course will not only acquaint you with sexual harassment, its types, examples, and how to deal with in the unfortunate scenario of experiencing it, but it also enables you to build a safe working environment within your institute or organisation. Teachers who take this course can convey the learnings to their peers and become an active force in making your institute a gender sensitized and safe place to work.
- Ample examples to identify sexual harassment instances
- Exercises to classify acts and behaviours that qualify as sexual harassment
- Interactive content with thoughtful activities to keep you engaged
- Designed for all kinds of educators — schools, colleges, universities and more
- Easily understandable content, for new and seasoned teachers
- Lectures 72
- Duration 3 Months
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Enrolled Teachers 0